The process of sending and receiving email is pretty much the same as you have seen elsewhere in the digital world, with one exception. Chronicle can also associate that email with the production job you have entered in Chronicle. Or the marketer can associate that email with the contact they are working with. Thus providing a digital record of the email conversation about the job or with the contact.
To know what the correct association should be, ask yourself "What is this email about?" The answer to that question will give you the correct association. Sometimes Chronicle will make the association for you but most of the time you will need to select it, especially when receiving emails.
Email can be sent from any number of places in Chronicle using the Journal entry screen which can be found in these places:
- Go to the main Email tab > select New Message in the tool bar.
- Go to the Jobs tab and pull a list of jobs then right-click on a job in the list and pick Add Journal.
- From within a job, person, or organization file, go to the Options tool bar and click on Journal: email/fax link.
- Use the GO button found in the tool bar for the Email, People, Organizations, Jobs and Equipment tabs.
- From the Tools Menu> globe in the upper left corner> you may need to add the tool to the list> Journal [Add]> which opens the Journal entry screen.
These locations are provided so that you do not have to leave where you are working in Chronicle to send an email.
You will receive all emails on the main Email tab. If an email is new, i.e. not a reply to an email you sent, you will need to manually associate it to whatever it is about. After the association is made, all other replies will be associated automatically.
For example, if you are working on several job with a particular adjuster who sends you email, Chronicle will not know which job the email belongs to. You will have to tell Chronicle which job it is by clicking on the Associate button in the tool bar and selecting the correct job.
If an email that you received has any attachments, the way to save those attachments to whatever they belong to is to associate the email to the correct job or person file etc. Chronicle will then automatically save those documents to the associated file. You are able to open these documents by clicking on them from under the text box.