All Journal entries are date and time stamped. These dates and times cannot be altered. Also, be aware that you can only edit the text of journal note (not emails) on the day it was created. After that is becomes part of the permanent record. If a correction needs to be made the next day, simply add another journal entry using the New Entry button to the note that needs correcting. This will create a thread for the note.
The list of Journal entries looks like this:
Sorting the List
The Show: drop down in the upper left hand corner allows you to view either all journals, journals for a department, journals for an activity, or journals by a specific author. Click any column heading to sort by that column and click the same column heading again to sort by that column in reverse order.
Getting More Detail for an Existing Journal
Click on the journal in the list to view more detail about the selected journal. You will only see tabs that apply to the journal entry. For example, you will always see a Text tab, but if a journal hasn’t been sent to anyone, you won’t see the Communications or People tabs; if the journal doesn’t have attachments, you won’t see the Attachments tab.
- Text: This shows the text of the journal.
- Attachments: This lists each document attached to this journal.
- Communications: This lists each address the journal was sent to and when it was sent.
- People: This lists each recipient the journal was sent to.
- Add: opens the Journal entry screen where you can add another note or send and email, etc.
- Edit: allows certain actions to be taken concerning the list of journal entries in the lists. You can either make changes to the entry itself or move, combine or split up journals into threads.
- Print: lets you either print the highlighted journal or select journals to print.
- Tools: Allows you to set a reminder for yourself or other associate people associate to job.
- Reply: Forward, and Resend: opens the Journal entry screen.
- Search: lets you search for specific messages.
- History: shows the history for the highlighted thread.
- New Entry: If you wish to add an entry to the thread click on the New Entry button. If the journal entry is a thread you will be able to click through and read each entry.
Right Click Menu
A number of the features discussed above are available by right-clicking on the Journal Text entry.