Before we initially link Chronicle to QuickBooks, you must make sure that your QuickBooks server is correctly set up.
- We can ONLY connect to the hard drive that actually stores the QB file. (Please note: The location of the QuickBooks file should never change. If the location of the QuickBooks file ever needs to be moved, you must please schedule this with us as we will have to re-integrate the bridge. Fees may apply).
- A Windows user for Chronicle needs to be set up. It must have Administrator rights. This is required for the QuickBooks server when hosting multi-user access. We can either use your Windows Admin user profile, or you can create a separate Chronicle user profile - if it has full admin rights to the server. We need this so we can install our QB Connector, integrate the bridge, and so our bridge can continue to run properly.
- The Chronicle user MUST remain logged in. If someone else needs to use the Server they MUST log the Chronicle user back in when finished. Failing to do so will cause the bridge to fail.
- QuickBooks must be installed AND registered on your QuickBooks Server.
- The IP Address for your QuickBooks Server should be static. You will experience interrupted and/or unreliable service without a static IP.
- The Window Firewall must be on.
- Port 2080 must be open through the router/network/firewall and forwarded to the internal IP address of the QuickBooks server so that our QB Connector can access the file. If needed, we can give you a static IP address for the Chronicle server.
- We support the latest version of QuickBooks desktop (USA and Canada). Your QuickBooks Server must meet all of QuickBooks’ requirements that are listed on their website. (https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/en-us/help-article/install-products/system-requirements-quickbooks-desktop-2022/L9664spDA_US_en_US)
- TeamViewer is what we use to connect to your QuickBooks Server. We must have unattended access. The steps to set up Team Viewer are as follows:
a.Deploy this link on the Quickbooks server: https://get.teamviewer.com/chronicleqbserver
b. Download starts when you click the link. (Check the downloads of your Internet Browser for the downloaded .exe)
c. Click .exe (once downloaded) to start install.
d. Click Next > Choose Company/Commercial (if applicable) > Accept the license agreement > Click Next for unattended access.
e. Please enter a name and let us know what you called the Server so we can find it in our list
f. Please enter the password (exactly as you see it): Chronicleqb
g. Click Finish
h. Click Allow and Finish.
i. Please contact Chronicle Support once the link has been installed on the QB server - from there we will check for access.
- DO NOT ever re-name your QB File without first coordinating with us. Doing this will result in many days of downtime. We recommend that you do not EVER re-name your QB File unless it is absolutely necessary. Fees may apply.
Once you have completed the list above, let Chronicle Support know and we will schedule a day to do the integration of your Chronicle Bridge. As always, if you have any questions about these requirements, please, don’t hesitate to let us know.