With Chronicle’s Jupiter bridge, you can run a bridge or push a job to QB yourself. The ability to do this defaults to a level 7. If you wish to change this default or provide an exception for the accountant read Setting Security Levels for Different Options in Chronicle.
If you want to do this:
- The file must not be in single user mode.
- There must be an available login for the bridge to use.
So if you leave the file in multi-user mode and log out of the QB file to run the bridge that would satisfy those two condition.
If the data you expected to transfer did not do so you will need to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The tool to run a bridge is found on the Financial tab> Tool Bar> Run QB Bridge button. The options are:
- Run Quickbooks Bridge – this is the same as the nightly run and pushes customers and jobs to QB; and imports labor, invoices, and bills into Chronicle.
- Run Customer Import Bridge –talk to support to discuss why you might need to import customers from QB
- Run customer Export Bridge – pushes only customers and jobs to QB
- Run Labor Import Bridge – imports only labor from QB
- Run file [file name] – used if you want to run a single QB file if you have more than one file
The most common action used is the 3rd one – Run Customer Export Bridge. If you enter a new job in Chronicle today and need it in QuickBooks right away, someone with a level 7 security (or has an exception) can run this bridge right away to get that new job into QuickBooks so that accounting work can continue.
There will be no indication that this bridge is running. It also does not tell you when it is completed. Most of the financial bridges run anywhere from 2m - 39m and the way to tell if it worked or not is to check and see if the job is now in QB. More often that not, the user did not satisfy the above conditions for running the bridge. If this occurs you must ask Chronicle Support to take a look.