With Chronicle’s Jupiter bridge, you can run a bridge or push a job to QB yourself. The ability to do this defaults to a level 7. If you wish to change this default or provide an exception for the accountant read Setting Security Levels for Different Options in Chronicle.
The file must not be in single user mode and there must be an available log in for the bridge to use. So if you leave the file in multi-user mode and log out of the file to run the bridge that would satisfy those two condition. If the data you expected to transfer did not do so you will need to send an email to email@example.com.
The tool to run a bridge is found on the Financial tab> Tool Bar> Run QB Bridge button. The options are:
- Run Quickbooks Bridge – this is the same as the nightly run and pushes customers and jobs to QB; and imports labor, invoices, and bills into Chronicle.
- Run Customer Import Bridge –talk to support to discuss why you might need to import customers from QB
- Run customer Export Bridge – pushes only customers and jobs to QB
- Run Labor Import Bridge – imports only labor from QB
- Run file [file name] – used if you want to run a single file if you have more than one file
The most common action used is the 3rd one – Run Customer Export Bridge. If you enter a new job in Chronicle today and need it in QuickBooks right away, someone with a level 7 security (or has an exception) can run this bridge right away to get that new job into QuickBooks so that accounting work can continue.