Short Chronicle email explanation: The Chronicle server can only retrieve email (POP) from one address. The process below will create one email address, a "catch-all" account, that funnels all email to yourdomain.com into this one mailbox. Then as the server processes the message it reads the original TO address (firstname.lastname@example.org) and uses the email addresses that are added to your employee profile in Chronicle > people tab to deliver the email to any appropriate person.
You can create an email address such as email@example.com and put that under 3 employee profiles and they will all receive emails sent to that address.
You can create as many email addresses as you like under your person profile and they all will immediately become addresses you can send from.
- set up a domain at tierra.net that hosts your email using the PDF setup packet provided by Chronicle
- At tierra.net > email > set up only ONE email box (firstname.lastname@example.org) AND a global email forward
- Chronicle > Main System Setup > Email & Fax > input the settings for that domain
- For the most stable settings the POP and SMTP address should contain the tierra.net IP for your domain (as opposed to mail.gochronicle.com), which can be found in your tierra.net account > hosting
- To set up a second domain > add an addition domain at tierra.net. Then in the email tab there add a second global email forward, but to the main catchall mailbox.
- Add the second domain in Chronicle > Main System Setup > Email & Fax > Additional domains
- Then in the person profile you can add email addresses @domain2.com and then send from them when you send an email.
This concludes the standard setup for Tierra.net. To enable forwarding or dual delivery, select an option below:
- Dual Delivery