Go to the Quick Add button and select either add a job for person or add a job for organization. You must first enter the customer, person or organization. If this customer is already in Chronicle, you will be asked if you want to add them again. If the spelling is off by one character, Chronicle will assume it is a different customer. The screens for adding a person or adding an organization are different. After that the screens are all the same to add the job.
You can also add a job to a customer contact already in the system by going to the people or org tab and locate them. Once you click on them a New Job add button will appear in the tool bar and you go on to enter the job. .
General Job Information: the type of job it is, where it came from, and so on. You can also customize the information in each of the drop downs.
- Category/Subcategory: Pick from the drop-down lists. What’s in these lists depends on what you’ve defined in the Job Categories in the Main System Setup. You only see Subcategory if the category you pick has subcategories.
- Job Source/Subsource: Pick the appropriate job source and subsource from the drop-down lists. You only see the Subsource entry if the source you pick has subsources defined. What you see in these drop-downs depends on what you’ve defined in the Job Source Categories in the Main System Setup.
- Location: the city name where the job is.
- Job Description: Enter a description to help you identify the job. For disaster restoration jobs, we recommend putting the cause of the problem here, for example, Ruptured water heater or Bathtub overflow.
- Site Name: Usually this entry isn’t needed, but if you need some identifier to find the job site beyond the address, enter it here.
- Secondary IDs 2-4: Chronicle automatically numbers jobs, but thess entries let you add additional identifiers for the job. For example, for insurance related jobs, enter the claim number here. All of the labels for Description, Site Name, and ID 2-4 can be changed in the MSS on the Job tab.
- Date/Time Received: Chronicle automatically fills in the date and time that you’re adding the job; you can change these if needed.
- Special Instructions: If you have any special instructions, enter them here. You could also put special instructions in a journal.
- Initial Job Notes: This box is a convenient way to add your first job journal to the job. You would put any other pertinent information here that he customer give you like, the plumber fixed the problem or a description of what the issues was. It is a place for the initial story you were told. You could skip this field and always add this information later through the job journal.
- Click Create Job
Job file opens: The last thing you must do is to add a department. Follow up by adding or associating all other information about the job as it becomes available.
- General & Surveys tab: This tab contains all of the general information about the job (category, source, description, claim number, special instructions, etc.). It also has the job’s addresses and any surveys that have been added for this job. You are able to edit addresses only from the job file. To add addresses go to the customer file to do so.
- Depts & Activities tab: This shows all departments and activities that are part of this job. On this tab you can add additional depts/activities, update the status of existing depts/activities, change due dates, and so on.
- Contacts tab: This tab lets you associate people and organizations with the job, assign roles to those associated, and see details about them.
- Documents tab: This lets you see all documents that are associated with the job and all required documents that are still missing. From this tab you can add additional documents.
- Journal tab: able to access all journal notes and emails for the job. Can add, edit, view history, etc.
- Schedule tab:This tab allows you to work with events from within the Job file
- Costs tab: The costs for this job.
- Equipment/Inventory: This tab shows all equipment that is currently at the job, all equipment that has been at the job and lets you mark equipment as returned. From this tab you can also add and return inventory to/from the job.
- Feedback tab: You can set up a customer survey and record the results here.
- P.O.'s tab: Record purchase order amounts for job cost projection.
- Tasks tab: Assign Job tasks that are not necessarily related to the activities on the job.
- Tools Tab: This tab shows all jobs for the current customer. You can add a new job for the customer, delete a job, or move a job to a different customer. Job Options Bar: This toolbar has shortcuts for various job related options.
Each of these tabs are discussed in more detail below.
You do not have to do anything to save your changes, as all changes are saved as you make them. Click the in the top right corner of the window to close the job when done.