Chronicle's main email tab handles all your email needs and acts as your email client with the advantage of being able to also associate the emails with the job, person, organization, or equipment the email is about. For Chronicle to accomplish this all emails that your company receives or sends must flow through this email client in one way or another.
This tab provides you with the following:
- The ability to reply, forward, start a new message to searching the list of emails.
- Buttons in the tool bar allow you to create an event, add a task, or using the specific tools button to edit the security level of an email or add senders to a group.
- You can see the association between the email by looking at the InfoPanel in the lower right corner of the screen.
- You can change the association if need be by highlighting the email and using the Associate button in the Tool Bar.
- You can work with whatever the email is associated to by using buttons in the tool bar, anywhere from viewing all documents that might be related to that email's association to loading the Journal.
- If you have set reminders for yourself, they will be delivered here at the day and time you specified along with its association being noted in the InfoPanel.
When you have new email, the name of the tab will change to "2 new emails". Use the Retrieve Mail button to download.
Since Chronicle is relational data base, all emails sent or received are saved to the database and associated to either a person, organization, or job. And even though you can "delete" an email from the email list on this screen, this action does not delete the email from the database. It only removes it from this screen. Only a level 7 has the ability to permanently delete emails from the database.
Under your login, you can sort emails into folders. This does not affect how others who may have received the same emails can see it. Moving emails this way only allows you to sort them so you can work with important emails. It does not change their association. You can create new folders on the main Folder tab. The default "deleted" folder does not delete the email from the system only a level 7 can do that. Instead, deleted on this tab merely removes the email from your current list of emails. You can also undelete them.
The search field on this screen only works with the emails listed on this screen. Since Chronicle saves a copy of all emails, it intentionally does not have a feature to search all emails in the system, as it would drag down the system down. However, with a particular email you wish to find, think of its association and go to that Journal to find it. For example, the email was about a particular job. Go to that job's journal and search for it there.