There are many different types of categories so that you can run searches based on them.
- Click the New Category button above the list.
- Type the category’s name and click OK
- Chronicle creates a default subcategory with the same name as the category. If you wish to create a subcategory with a different name, simply select edit and type the name and click OK. Chronicle requires at least one subcategory. If you don’t have any, press enter to accept the category name for the subcategory; this is what Chronicle automatically fills in. If this category has several subcategories, enter the first.
- If you have additional subcategories, click the Add Subcategory button on the top of the subcategory list on the right side of the screen. All of the subcategories that you’ve added so far are listed on the right
- Repeat the above steps until you’ve added all of the categories that you need.
Deleting Categories or Subcategories You Don’t Need
If our standard list contains categories you don’t plan to use, delete them. This simplifies the lists your users see and prevents inconsistencies that disrupt finding the information you need. For example, in Subcontractors under Organizations, if you want all of your framing and carpentry subcontractors under the General subcategory, delete our Framing and Carpentry subcategories. This prevents your ending up with some contractors in one category and others in another. (If this happened, neither would give you a complete list.)
If possible, eliminate categories that you don’t need before people start using Chronicle. This may require some discussion with your managers about how you want to categorize the different types of organizations you work with. However, a clear plan up front will help you find and analyze information more effectively later.
- In the list of categories or subcategories, click the item to delete.
- Click the Delete button at the top of the list.
- Chronicle asks if you want to delete the category; click Yes.
Getting Deleted Categories Back
When you delete a category in Chronicle, it isn’t really deleted; it’s just made inactive so you don’t see it. To make a deleted category visible again:
- On the list of categories, change the Active entry to Deleted. This lists deleted categories.
- Select the category to make active again.
- Click the Undelete button.
- Chronicle asks you to confirm that you want to make the category active again; click Yes.
- To return to the list of active categories, change the status back to Active.
Please sign in to leave a comment.