Who This Applies To
Most of our customers only have a single QuickBooks data file, and if you do, you can ignore this page. However, if you have more than one business that you want to manage with Chronicle, and if you keep separate accounting files for them, then this page applies to you.
How to Do It
If you do have multiple QuickBooks data files, you must first set up each of your QuickBooks data files following the instructions on page 3. Make sure each QuickBooks data file has a user named Chronicle that uses the password we gave you, and that each set of data is accessible from the Chronicle server.
You’ll have to repeat these steps for each department in Chronicle that will have associated accounting information.
- In Chronicle, click the Departments tab, and double-click the department to open.
- Double-click the Accounting Data File entry.
- Chronicle shows a message tells you that you are about to change the accounting data file and asks if you want to continue; click Yes to continue.
- Enter the name of the QuickBooks data file (including the path relative to the Chronicle server) with the accounting information to associate with that department.
- Repeat this for EVERY department that you need to import accounting information for.
Please sign in to leave a comment.