Ports are a way to limit the internet connections that can come into your network.
Your static IP (assigned by internet provider) is the same for your entire network, regardless of the number of computers in the network. ex: 22.214.171.124
Within the network each individual computer has a unique internal IP. These will most likely be 192.168.x.x OR 10.0.x.x
The firewall, modem, and/or router (depending on configuration some of these may be combined into one physical device) control what connections make it into the network.
For Chronicle, specific ports are used to manage the connection. These must be open and forwarded to the appropriate machine to allow remote connections to Chronicle from outside the office such as employees in the field, or mobile app connections, or for Chronicle monitoring.
1. If you have a bridge AND your Chronicle server IS hosted
- 2080 TCP to the internal IP of the QuickBooks server
2. If the Chronicle server is on-premise (NOT hosted at Amazon)
- 212 TCP to the internal IP Chronicle server
- 8097-8099 TCP to the internal IP of Chronicle server
Please sign in to leave a comment.