1. Install Chronicle on one or more computers.
2. Identify your different areas of internal management oversight and your external service lines and decide how you want to separate them into departments in Chronicle.
3. Gather information about your employees and your ways of categorizing information so you can set up the categories you need before entering your information.
4. If your jobs include activities other than those on our standard list, add your activities to the list.
5. Set up activity templates so activities that typically go together can be automatically added as a group to jobs.
7. Set up surveys to collect standard job information from customers.
8. Enter your employees and the businesses and individuals you regularly do business with.
9. If you are going to use Chronicle to track job cost or labor expenses, enter pay rates for each hourly employee.
11. Enter equipment that you want to track the location and use of.
12. Customize the information shown on the panels (the right-hand portion of Chronicle’s screens).
13. Set up security settings to control which options different employees can use.
There is some additional setup if you want to link Chronicle to QuickBooks and if you want to use Chronicle for job costing and budgeting.
Please sign in to leave a comment.