There are two instances where you might need to change the name of the customer on a job file.
- If it was misspelled in some way and simply needs to be corrected.
- If the job has the wrong customer and job needs to be moved to a different customer.
Misspelled Customer Name
You cannot correct the spelling of the customer name from within the job file. You must go to the person or organization file of that customer to do so using these steps:
- Go to the people/org tab
- Look up the customer
- Double click to open the customer profile (make sure you are not opening the job listed underneath).
- Edit the person's/organization's name and click in another field to trigger the change. Depending on how much data is associated to that name, Chronicle can take several seconds to accomplish this task as it will correct the spelling of every occurrence of that that name in the database.
- Close file
If this customer has a job file, the next time you open that file the name will correct itself. If it does not, there is a tab in the job file called "Tools" which has a button that says, " Reset Customer Name". Click that button and tell Chronicle to reset the name on the job file screen.
Wrong Customer Name
First, make sure the correct customer is in Chronicle. If not, add them as a person or an organization with a category of customer and do not add another new job to their name. Then:
- Go to the job file that is under the wrong customer.
- Click on the Tools tab.
- Click on the button "Move Job to Another Customer".
- Search for the correct customer (person or organization)
- Click OK
- Chronicle will ask you if you are sure you want to move this job. Click yes and the job will be moved to the new customer.