If you want to export a list of people, organizations, jobs, or create mailing labels based on lists in Chronicle you can export the information to a file. To make sure the export goes smoothly, First, create a blank file to export to. Save it to your desktop so you can find it easily and close Excel/Word, etc. Step 10 will let you choose this file for the export.
- Pull up a list that contains the contacts that you want to export.
- Click the checkbox next to each person or organization to export information. To select everyone on the list, click Select All next to the Print button.
- In the toolbar click Print, and then click Export List to Another Program.
- On Step 1 of 10, indicate what type of file to create, and then click Next. Usually, you will choose Word or Excel here.
**NOTE** For an .xlsx file you must choose Excel File. For an .xls file you must choose Excel Spreadsheet.
- On Step 2 of 10, check the second box if you want titles for your columns. Click Next to continue. You don’t usually see Step 3 or 4 of 10.
- On Step 5 of 10, you won’t typically make any changes; just click Next to continue.
- On Step 6 of 10, check or uncheck items on the left to indicate what information to export.
If you chose to include column headings in Step 2 of 18, the top right lets you control the heading’s appearance and content. The bottom right lets you control the appearance of the content if this applies to the type of file you are creating. Click Next to continue.
- On Step 7 of 10, enter any header or footer text if you wish (this is optional), and then click Next to continue.
- On Step 8 of 10, click Next to continue.
- On Step 9 of 10, click Next to continue.
- On Step 10 of 10, click the ellipsis (...) button to the right of the the Export to a File entry, and choose a name and location for the file. You must enter a valid file name here; the process causes Chronicle to crash if you don’t enter a file name or if you enter an invalid folder/location. If you want the file to be automatically opened or emailed, use the options at the bottom.
- Click Execute to complete the process.
Once the process is done, you can then reformat or make any changes you need to in the exported file.