When you fax from Chronicle, you can use no cover page, the primary cover page, or the secondary cover page. You can customize what is on these cover pages and even add whatever you typed into the journal text box to the cover sheet. Here's how:
To create your primary and secondary cover pages you must do so in the Main System Setup from the Email/Fax tab> Fax sub-tab.
- Click Edit Main Fax Cover Page or Edit Secondary Fax Cover Page at the bottom of the Fax tab. This opens the cover sheet editor.
- You should make a header that includes company information such as company name, address, and fax number.
- Merge fields allow you to create a generic cover page that can grab information from a job or person file to fill out the cover page (provided you associate the journal entry screen to the job or person the fax is about/to).
- To insert person or job information: Next to Insert Merge Field, click the drop-down next to Type of Field. Pick the type of information that you need, and then pick the specific information to include in the Field entry. Then click Insert.
For example, to include the customer’s name, choose Person Concerning for the Category, choose Concerning Name for the value to insert, and then click Insert. This adds:
When you send the fax, this will be replaced with information for the person the fax is about.
How to add email text to the cover page:
Follow the same instructions above for adding the following merge field on your cover page:
It should look like this:
5. When done, click the in the upper right corner to close the editor. When asked whether to save the changes, click Yes.