This function will allow you to add any email address you have to Chronicle, as long as it is an Imap account.
If you are using Outlook, Gmail, Hotmail, exchange, ETC, it will duel deliver.
1. Go to the main system setup > Email and Fax tab > Global (Catch-All) Settings
Enter the Port Numbers ONLY
2. Go to the main system setup > Email and Fax tab > IMAP Setup
3. Click Add Email Account > Choose employee that the email address belongs to > Choose the email provider > Enter the email address >Enter the account password > Depending on the provider, it may ask you for more details such as IMAP address, SMTP address, and ports.
*All information for these settings can be found with a quick google search or with your email provider*
3. Click Ok. Make sure the status states "Account in sync" (You may need to exit the setup, and re-enter to see the change)
4. For Gmail account users you will need to set your Security setting for "Less secure apps" to be On. You will log into your Google account > Manage Account > Security. Scroll down till you see "Less secure app access" and make sure it is set to On.
*You can add as many accounts as you want for an employee*
*If the email address is for more than one person, please follow the link below to our Email Aliases article*
Gmail now requires app authentication to be setup
To configure follow these steps:
Log into your Google Account and select Manage your Google Account, then select Security on the left-hand side.
Scroll down and find Signing in to Google. You will need to make sure that 2-step Verification is On. Once you enable this, go back to Security and select App passwords.
Click on Select app and choose Other (Custom name). Name the App Chronicle and click Generate.
Copy the new app password. Go back to the Main System Setup in Chronicle and choose the account you are working on and click Edit. Change the password to the new app password. It will take a few minutes for the account to read as Account in Sync. Once it is back in sync, you will be able to send and receive emails.