Suppose you want your level 2 assistant, Sam, to add job events to the calendar and change calendar events for you (options that typically require security levels of 3 and 5), but you don’t want him to have access to other higher level options (and you don’t want other level 2 employees to use these options). You would simply identify Sam as an exception for those two options, meaning that he could use those options even though his security level is below what is usually required. To do this:
- On the Security tab in the Setup, click the What Each Level Can Do tab.
- Click the security context to make an exception for. For details on what each context controls, see What Different Security Contexts Control.
- On the right side of the screen, click Change Exceptions. Chronicle lists all of your employees.
- Check the box next to each employee that you want to be able to use options controlled by the context you selected. Uncheck anyone who you no longer wish to be an exception.
- After you’ve checked every employee that you want to be an exception for this context, click Next.