Importing jobs from QuickBooks
Automatic MSM export
Bug Fixes / Enhancements
Importing customer jobs from QuickBooks is easy!
Whether you are just starting out with Chronicle or you are required to put your jobs in another program that syncs with QuickBooks, Chronicle can import that same customer information from QuickBooks. The process is simple:
1. If you do not already see an “Import Jobs” main tab, go to the Main System Setup to make the tab visible. MSS> program links tab> QuickBooks sub tab> check to allow manual import of jobs. Then log out of Chronicle and back in.
2. On the Import Jobs main tab, you will see a list of customers from your QuickBooks file that you have bridged to Chronicle. Select the customer name you wish to import:
3. Chronicle will ask you if the first and last name are spelled correctly for a person:
4. Then you must finish the input of the job file as you would if you were putting it in any other way by selecting job category/source; location; description, etc. and then adding the department for the job and associate any required people.
5. This process pulled a customer’s name/account from QB and entered that customer into Chronicle for you. Then Chronicle had you create a job file that will be pushed back into QuickBooks the next time the bridge runs. Invoices and sub/material costs must be saved to the job that Chronicle pushed back into QuickBooks.
Automatic MSM export to MSA
Chronicle now lets you automatically export a job to MSM when the specified departments are selected in the Main System Setup. Look for the setting here:
Bugs Fixes / Enhancements
- Data export for organizations now grabs office information.
- Added ability to set default security level for incoming emails from a person
- Names with apostrophes are now searchable.
- Fixed issue with some journal texts were getting mixed up when replying.
- You can now locate a email recipient by their email address.
- Ability to printing emails in release 10.2.17 fixed.
- BCC messages now being delivered.
- Ability to combine journals in the job journal has been restored.
- Job Costing > Export issue fixed.
- Auto-export of jobs to MSM is now possible.
- Journal history can now be printed or exported to Excel.
- Editing job sold price in job now correctly updates final price.
- Removed unneeded fields concerning area code.
- Job manager> activities tab> status for unsold activities now show as blank or pending.
- Added new rule to Bonus Manager to allow bonuses to be calculated on the net profit instead of the gross profit.
- Date error fixed when trying to add a follow-up date to an invoice.
- Fixed invoice filtering by department on the Financial (beta) tab the Job Manager.
- Updated Job Manager> activities> sort feature to accommodate new unsold department activities.
- Loading saved reports for Financial (beta) now only shows only selected columns.
- New ability - to mark dept terminated in WIP report - right clckc on department to get drop down.
- The WIP report now correctly marks selections as fully invoiced.
- New preference on WIP report to turn off inclusion of labor burden in labor cost column.
- From within the Scheduler, InfoPanels can now be refreshed, printed, or used to open job or person file.
- Fixed: Ability to drag and drop event to different person is restored
- Right click to schedule an event now opens a new scheduler screen.
- When deleting a calendar event any associated reminders will now also be deleted.
- Security context: VIEWEMPLOYEEDOCUMENTS stops viewing of list when security is too low but still allows the adding of a document.
- The Financial (beta) tab in the Job Manager is now controlled by the security context: ALLACCOUNTINGVIEW.
- The default setting is to not export unsold jobs to QB. MSS allows you to check to always export.
- Ability to schedule monthly recurring events has been restored.
- Setting added to determine if users want to import jobs from QB.
- Scheduler: selected dates more stable if user switches to a different month.
Please sign in to leave a comment.