Setting Up a Reminder
Most reminders should be associated to a job, person, or an organization but you can also create one that is "unassoicated" for a general reminder. The difference between the two is that the associated will show you the InfoPanel for the person, organization, or job that the reminder is about. The unassoicated will only show you your InfoPanel. Here are the places where you can create them:
- Unassoicated reminders are created from the Tools icon in the upper left hand corner.
- Right click on a person, organization or job in any list will give you many options to work with that file including creating a reminder.
- From within the person, organization, or job files in the tools list you can create a reminder that is associated.
- From the email tab, select an email, and click on the "GO" button in the tool bar and you can create a reminder concerning that email.
- From the Scheduler, right click on an event to set a reminder for it.
Not only can you set reminders for yourself but you can set reminders for others or for jobs. These reminders will show up on the email tab where the reminder will stay until it is completed. You will not know if someone else does what you reminded them to so. These reminders have no accountability associated to them and Chronicle does not track them. If you need to track that something was done use a Task instead.
You can access reminders from within the job file, by right clicking on a job name/number, or from the Quick Add Menu.
When you see the reminder box:
- Associate with a job, person, or office or if it has nothing to do with those leave it unassociated.
- Select who the reminder is for.
- Type a couple lines of text in the message box.
- Indicate what day/time the reminder should appear.
- Click OK.
Recalls are no longer supported as they were only present on the day it was due. As an older part of the program they have now been replaced by Reminders.