There are two parts to transferring a picture, image, or scanned document from Chronicle to Xactimate. First you must export the picture/document from Chronicle to some location on your computer. Then you must import the exported picture/document into Xactimate. If you have several pictures to transfer, if you wish you can export them all, and then import them all.
Exporting Pictures/Scanned Document from Chronicle
- In Chronicle, go to the Jobs tab and select the job that has the document or picture you want to export.
- Go to the list of documents attached to the job.
If you have Documents on one of your job panels, double-click that panel item. You can also click Go and then click Documents.
- Select the document to export.
To do this, click the document in the list.
- Click Tools, and then click Save to File.
Choose the location where you want to save the file.
- When done, click the in the top right corner to close the picture window, and then close the View Documents window.
Importing Pictures/Scanned Documents in Xactimate
- Open Xactimate.
- Open the job from the project smart list.
- Click the Sketch button and then click the camera icon.
- Click File and then click the Browse button.
Go to the location where you stored the file, and double-click the file you want to import. Xactimate will show you the image.
- Close the image, and when asked if you want to save it, click Yes.
- Choose the type of image you are importing or type a description, and then click OK.