While you can create purchase orders without a template, before you can print purchase orders you must create a purchase order template. If you wish to have multiple versions of the purchase order, you can create as many templates as you need.
- On the Department setup tab, click the Documents tab.
- Select the department to add the purchase order template for.
Usually the purchase order template is associated with the Accounting department, but you can associate it with any department that you choose.
- Click the + Document Template button above the list.
- Choose Chronicle Text for the type of template.
- Enter a title for the template and click Next.
For the sake of clarity, we recommend a name like Purchase Order Template.
- Enter the content of the template.
To bring in text from some other program (like Word): Open the document in the other program, select the text you want to bring in, press CTRL C to copy the text to the clipboard, go back to the editor in Chronicle, and press CTRL V to paste the copied text. (The formatting doesn’t always copy correctly, but it at least gives you something to start with.)
To include specific information about the customer, job, or purchase order: If the Template Toolbar isn’t shown, click View and then click Template Toolbar.
In the Template Toolbar, click Category and choose the type of information you want, click Insert Value to choose what to include, and then click Insert. For customer information, you will use Person Concerning for the Category, for job information, you'll use Job Concerning, and for information about the purchase order, you'll use Order.
For example, to include the customer’s name, choose Person Concerning for the Category, choose Concerning Name for the value to insert, and then click Insert. This adds:
When you associate the document with a particular job or person, Chronicle replaces this code with the name of the customer. For a complete list of information that you can insert, see merge codes.
- Click the in the upper right corner of the window to close the document.
- Click Yes when asked if you want to save the document.