Before you do anything else with a job related email, you should make sure it is associated with the job it belongs too. This is most often a manual process as the program cannot always make this determination. To know what to associate an email to to ask yourself the question: What is this email about? If the answer is "a job" then that is what you use to make the association. When the association occurs, Chronicle will actually save a copy to the job journal where anyone can find it and read it. Think of the job journal as the email folder for the job. Here is how to associate an email to a job:
- At the top of the screen, click the Email tab.
- Click the email you wish to associate with a particular job.
- Click the Associate button in the tool bar.
- Choose what you want to associate the email with (the choices are: to a job, person or organization).
- Chronicle gives you a message that the email has been successfully associated with the job.
Deleting the message from your inbox does NOT remove it from the database or the job or person you associated it with. And even though you can create folders for emails and document storage, you still must first associate the email or documents to the job they belong to.