Giving Non-Employees Access to Selected Job Information
Sometimes, you may want to make selected job information available to people who aren’t employees. For example, you might have adjustors or subcontractors who need to see information about the jobs they are associated with. You can now give these people access to Chronicle with a security level of 1 (one); when they log in, they will only see selected tabs and only information about the jobs they are associated with.
Getting Set Up to Give Chronicle Access to Non-Employees
- On the People tab, find the person you want to give access to.
(If the person isn't already in Chronicle, add them as you would any other person.)
- Double-click the person's name; this takes you to the Person File screen.
You can also select the person, click Go, (highlight Person if working with a customer), and click Open Person File.
- On the General tab, from the security level drop down set the security level to 1 (one).
This will give this person access to Chronicle. Chronicle This can also reset this person's password to the default password of the first name. If they previously had access to Chronicle and knows his/her old password you can leave the old password in place. Later if you wish to change the password, go to the person options to the right of the person file and select Reset Password. Only a level 7 can make this change.
- On the General tab, make sure the person is associated with the correct organization. If you need to, you can click the Associate New button to associate them to an organization.
Non-employees can only see jobs that they and/or their organization is associated with. For example, if a non-employee is associated with the State Farm Insurance organization, then that person would be able to see jobs associated with State Farm, but not any other jobs. Or if the job was just associated to them and not their organization then they would see that job in the list.
- Give the non-employee the assigned password and also let this person know the external IP address for your Chronicle server.
Your network administrator can tell you what this address is if you don't know it.
- Have the person install Chronicle on his/her computer, using the IP address you provided.
- Have the person Log into Chronicle.