These instructions work for Word or Excel and for an existing template and presupposes that you already know how to create templates in Chronicle.
Start with an Existing Template:
- In the Main System Setup, select the edit button the document template you wish to turn into a RightSignature document template. This will open either Word or Excel.
- You need to save this document to your desktop. Use the “save as” function of Word or Excel and make SURE the “save as type” is set to “Word document” or “Excel workbook”. Give it a name and put an RS at the end of the name to signify that this is the digital signature document you are working on.
- Close Word or Excel.
You must do this to allow the program to prepare some behind the scenes coding that will allow this document to be digitally sent.
Create a New RS Template:
- From the Main System Setup you are going to create a new template in either Word or Excel. Select the add button to add a new document. Put an RS after the name so you know which one is the RS document.
- Chronicle will ask if you want to base this template on an already existing Word/Excel file, say yes and open the file you just saved.
- When you are ready to save this new template to Chronicle, do not use Word/Excel's save feature. Simply close Word/Excel with the "X" in the upper right hand corner. If you are asked if you want to save these changes, say yes.
- There is one final setting that you must make so that you can send this as a digital document. In the Main System Setup, in the defined documents list, change the setting in the column titled, "allow sending for electronic signature" to "yes (default email)".
Available Signature Block Merge Codes:
- Make a check box optional or required. If using check boxes for a list of choices be sure to make them optional. Or if you want one or the other checked you need for the boxes to be optional. A way to use required check boxes would be if you want to know that they have read each item on a list.
- Make the date optional or required. This depends on how critical the collection of the date is to you.
- Allow the use of initials only. Many times a multiple page document needs to be signed and dated only on the last page. All other pages must be initialed to signify that they were read and accepted.
- Insert one or two required signatures as determined by your need for signatures. The merge codes for these two signatures do look different.
- Make additional text optional or required. This for any other type of information you wish to collect.