Sometimes during the initial setup period, you’ll have mismatched customer information (e.g. the name will be spelled slightly differently in the two programs.) You can also have mismatches if you continue to sometimes enter customers manually in QuickBooks rather than waiting for Chronicle to transfer them. (If you always let Chronicle transfer new customers in the nightly link and never manually enter customers in QuickBooks, you should never encounter this problem after the initial setup period.)
If you click a customer in the receivables list and don’t see any associated job information on the right side of the screen, this is an indication that information isn’t linked correctly. You can also find customers that aren’t linked correctly by doing this:
- From the Reports tab, select the financial type from the drop down. If there are a lot of reports listed select to view only the stock reports. Listed will be a report called Receivables List.
You can also go to the Financial tab, and then under Financial View pick Receivables [All].
- In the tool bar click the Filter button> Other> Invoices without a Job Association. This gives you a list of information that isn’t linked to a job in Chronicle.
Once you see which jobs aren’t correctly linked, do this to correct the problem:
- Click the customer in the accounts receivable list to select the customer.
- Click on the Job Link ID entry at the bottom of the list.
- Chronicle asks you to identify the Currently Active Job. Type at least three characters of the customer’s name or scroll to select the customer from the list, and click Next.
- In the Job ID field you should now see the correct job number for that receivable.
Once linked, that receivable will show job information in the InfoPanel just as it does for jobs that are automatically linked.