Setting Up Management Home Pages
Just as you can customize the information that appears on the tabs within the People, Jobs, and other pages in Chronicle, so you can also customize what appears on the tabs in your Home page. We’ve provided panel items specifically for owners and managers. However, we can’t have these pages automatically set up since management information must go on your own home page but not on everyone’s.
Once you set them up, you’ll want to review these pages regularly; this will keep you on top of what’s happening in different areas of your business.
Getting to the Panel Setup and Changing Pages
- On the Home Page, click the Panel button, and then click Edit User Panel.
Chronicle brings up the Info Panel Setup screen.
- At the top left of the screen select My User Panel.
Make sure you don’t choose System User Panel; this page is seen by all employees who haven’t set up their own page.
- Each panel has up to ten pages. On the list on the left, click the page number to work with. Below, we list our recommendations for each of the pages.
Don’t skip any page numbers. For example, if you were to add to pages 1 and 3 without adding anything on page 2, Chronicle won’t display page 3 correctly.
- To change what’s on the page you selected, click Options, and then click Edit Panel Page.
This brings up a list of all of the items you can add to the panel.
- Check each item that you want on this page. When done, click Next.
Limit the number of items on each page so you can see everything without scrolling. If you have more items and can't fit them all on a single page, use additional pages.
- Chronicle asks Do you want to commit these changes? Click Yes.
- After adding your content to the page, double-click Panel Page Name and enter a name for the page.
Chronicle won’t save your change to the page name unless you’ve added content the page first.
- Repeat these steps for each page you want to change.
For further help customizing panels, see Customizing What You See in Chronicle.
Please sign in to leave a comment.