As your number of jobs increases, it becomes increasingly difficult to just remember what equipment is where, whether everything got brought back from each job, and what billable equipment was used for each job. So you don't lose equipment and so you can bill for equipment if appropriate, Chronicle lets you keep track of what you have and who it's assigned to either manually and/or automatically.
Determining which equipment is out
- At the top of the main screen, click the Equipment tab.
- Click the Available, Unavailable, Customer, or Person searches on the left of the screen, and then click one of the search quires listed to generate a list of items in the category you want.
- To see equipment that is out at a particular job: Click Customer, click The Company's Items, and then pick the customer; this gets a list of all items assigned to that customer.
- If equipment assigned to a particular employee: Click Person, click Items Located With, and then pick the employee; this gets a list of all items assigned to that employee.
- To see all equipment that is out: Click Unavailable, and then click All; this gets a list of all items that are out. (Or click By Department, By Category, or By Subcategory to see the corresponding set of items that are out.)
Determining which equipment is at a particular job
You may want to check the list of items used at a job to make sure that you are charging appropriately for all special equipment being used.
- At the top of the main screen, click the Jobs tab.
- If the job you need isn't shown in the list, use one of the options on the left to view the appropriate list of jobs, and then click the job to select it. For example, to list all active jobs, click By Status, pick the department name and then pick Active.
- In the job file, there is an Equipment/Inventory tab where the equipment that is at the job site or was at the job site is listed. Also the length of time at the site.
- You can also view the equipment on the job, both current and returned, from the InfoPanel of the job. If you don't see a field for equipment on the job InfoPanel, customize the panel and add the items(s) for equipment to it.
From the list of items, you can also mark equipment as returned when it comes back in.
Logikos Overview of equipment: You can view all items both those that you entered in Chronicle and those that you entered in Logikos. You can also view where equipment is by job site, warehouse vehicles, etc. Even view badges for employees
Tools for equipment: Tools allow you to view a map and the history of equipment. You can even link a piece of equipment to a job file that was not moved automatically.
Individual Equipment info about equipment: Each piece of equipment has its own equipment file where you can keep track of documents, pictures, emails, journal entries, and survey answers about the equipment.