Chronicle can copy templates from one department's defined documents list to another. For example, you may have a generic Work Authorization form that you use for every job. This is the type of document that can readily use merge codes for the customer's name, address, etc. Then once saved to the job file, it can be printed for a signature or you can use email or the Mobile app to get a digital signature.
What you do not want to do is create it several times in each department's defined documents list. Copy it instead! Here’s how:
- In the Main System Setup, in one of your departments, you must create or have already created a template, with merge codes, before you can copy it.
- Next, in the department you want to copy the template to, create a template, with no merge codes and save as a blank document. This document becomes a “place holder” for the template to be copied to.
- Once created, highlight the blank template, click the Edit button above, and in the pop up screen select Associated Template.
- Next, select which department you want to get the template from and click ok.
- Then select the specific template to copy and click ok.
You have just copied the template from one department to another!
To check that it did copy, simply highlight the copied template and click Edit Template. You will be taken to Word or Excel to view or make additional changes. Remember, to save any changes you make just click on the "X" in the upper right corner to save the template in Chronicle.