User must be able to log into the Intuit portal and, if needed, receive access code on cell phone.
Step One: For each company's file integration in Chronicle, follow these steps:
- Go to Main System Setup (MSS)
- Tabs on the left - Program link
- QuickBooks subtab
- Select toggle action for QuickBooks online
- Click add company
- Pop out will appear > QB version will be whatever version you purchased
- Click button for get authorization code
- Sign into Intuit account
- If Intuit does not recognize you, you will be sent a text, follow the instructions
- Once logged into Intuit, you should see the authorization code - copy/paste to Chronicle
- Also, copy/paste the Realm ID*
- Type in whatever company name you wish to use in Chronicle. Does not have to be the QB company file name.
- Click authenticate.
*Realm ID – “The realm ID is assigned to a company by Intuit when a QuickBooks Online user creates a company. QuickBooks Online displays the realm ID as the company ID on the Billing & Subscription page of Account and Settings for your company.”
Click on the Associate Department button.
You will see a drop down with possible choices. Associate ONLY production departments. If you add a production department to Chronicle later, remember to come here and associate it to the QB file. If you have more than one integration, be sure to select that company name before associating departments.
Next, you can decide if you want to only jobs to push by checking the box at the top of the setup screen. Otherwise, the whole bridge will run.
Going forward, when a job has one of these production departments (set to active), it will push the customer and job to QB. If you need to do a manual job sync, follow these steps:
- Pick a job
- Go to the job cost tab. You will see three buttons:
- Export job - Runs a manual job push
- Link job - Use this to link as existing job to the QuickBooks job by searching for the customer in QuickBooks
- More - lets you view the Accounting log file