Chronicle was designed to manually enter a single job with multiple service lines and let the bridge run at night thus pushing the jobs into QuickBooks. However, if you are required to first put your jobs in another program that syncs with QuickBooks, such as Workcenter or Dash, you can then import that same customer/job from QuickBooks into Chronicle. First, make sure you have made the Import Jobs tab visible and set the label for Job ID 4. Then whichever way you must enter jobs, you are still able to pull a report that will do job costing by service line (department), by customer, and by the job as a whole.
The import flow is as follows:
1. From Workcenter, Dash or Restore, enter in the Customers/Jobs and push to Quickbooks.
2. In Quickbooks, since Chronicle is designed to work with customer’s and their job files like this:
We recommend that you make sure there is a customer AND a job in QuickBooks. If there is no job already under the customer in QuickBooks, just add one. The import into Chronicle will go more smoothly.
3. To view customers/jobs in QB that are not yet in Chronicle, you must either allow the automatic bridge run each night or run a manual bridge called: "Run Customer Import Bridge" found on the Financial Tab, Run QB Bridge button.
4. Once run, from the main Import Jobs tab in Chronicle, you can now import or link the job by selecting the customer name (job) you wish to import and either import as a person, an organization or link the job:
5. Chronicle will ask you if the first and last name are spelled correctly for a person. Correct if necessary and click continue.
6. Provided you made sure there was also a job in QuickBooks before you began the import, Chronicle’s process creates a customer file and links it with the customer’s name/account info from QB. Chronicle then creates a job file in Chronicle and links to that job to QB.
7. It is THIS job in QB that you must be sure to save invoices and sub/material costs to.
8. During this process, once the new job screen opens you will still need to add a department and any additional information you want or need just like you would if you were entering the job manually.
If you need a job in Chronicle right away and do not have time to run manual bridges or wait for the auto-runs to occur read: How to Link Chronicle Jobs to Jobs Imported into QuickBooks