- Verify docgen is installed and running properly. Do this by making sure that they've printed before, and the blackice pdf printer is installed.
- Open up word, excel, and acrobat. Ensure that there are no prompts or errors to be clicked through. (Verification requests for office are OK).
- Check event viewer to see if an update to office, acrobat, or excel correlates to the onset of the problem. If so, do not proceed-see below.
- Open the process viewer to confirm that msiexec.exe is not running. If so, do not proceed-see below.
- Kill any adobe, word, excel, and SMTP open processes, then restart doc gen and smtp.
If step 3 or 4 is true, you can attempt a reboot to go forward, however you will likely need to reinstall the pdf printer and all dependents. This means uninstalling office, adobe, black ice, then reinstalling them.