By default, the jobs tab shows you the jobs you are associated to that have any active department on them. Also, you can add any job in the database to that list by searching for it from the spy glass in the upper right hand corner. And any recently viewed jobs will be kept at the top of the list for 7 days.
If you log out and log back in, the default list of jobs will still be there but the jobs you specifically searched for will be removed from the list. So if it is important to you to maintain a list of recently searched jobs as well, simply use the iPhone's feature of swiping the app away to force it to close and save battery life. This action does not log you out ... but only closes the app thus preserving the list of searched for jobs.
The best way to use the app for jobs that you are responsible for is through the scheduler. That way you can drill in to a job that you need to work on. So creation of events in the desktop client is critical to getting maximum ease of use from the app.
You can also use the NavBar at the bottom of the screen to move to other parts of the app.
Tap on a job to see detailed information such as:
- Chronicle job id
- Customer name
- Job description
- Job id 2, which you may have renamed to be claim number
- Job site address
You can then drill in to view more detail about:
- Job contacts - you can email or call contacts from within the job file
- Journals - you can reply to emails sent about this job
- Departments - view only
- Activities - view only
- Surveys - view only
- Documents - open and read and get signatures for
Using the symbols in the upper right corner you can place a call to the customer or by clicking on the "+" you can:
- Start/stop a labor activity
- Add job note
- Import photos - from those already taken or take new ones
- Sign documents (using SDS)
- Add Labor (manually) only works on iPhone
If you tap on the job site address, you can view a map and see driving directions to a job site.