There are three types of documents you can view with from the app:
- Read only documents that have been saved to the job file from the Windows client (your desktop version of Chronicle).
- View pending documents that is awaiting a signature and get it signed by a customer from the app.
- Add a secure digital signature document while in front of a customer so you can get it signed by them.
To view documents: navigate to the job in the app, find the document and tap to view list.
Your Mobile app can also collect signatures on documents using Chronicle's Secure Digital Signatures (SDS) and a Right Signature account. To use this feature you need to set this up through the Windows client. To get the instructions, please email: email@example.com
Once SDS is setup, templates are created in the Main System Setup of Chronicle with merge codes for signatures. There are three ways you can get the document signed:
- From Chronicle on the desktop save the document to the job file and email it to the customer for signature(s).
- From Chronicle on the desktop save the document to the job file and select to send it to the mobile device so that it is waiting there for staff to get a signature.
- If it has not already been saved to the job file, you can also add it directly from the mobile app to the job file by doing the following> from the apps home screen> tap jobs> select the specific job (or search for it)> drill in to documents> "+" in upper right corner> sign documents> select the document template that needs to be signed, fill out all other fields and tap Next. The app will add it and allow the customer to sign it with their finger right then and there. Then select submit and let Right Signature and Chronicle do the rest!
Once the process is completed the document is sent to Right Signature which then sends it back to the job file and you will be able to view it in the app within a few minutes. The name of the document will now include the word SIGNED so you can readily find the signed document.