Overview of the Most Notable Changes
Secure Digital Signatures: Emailing documents for secure digital signatures saves significant time.
NEW Job profitability dashboard tiles: this enhances the Profitability Snapshot with new ways to view financial info.
Program Enhancements: We have added general program enhancements. Check them out!
Miscellaneous Fixes: We have made over 160 bug fixes!
Secure digital signatures for emailed documents
Many of you have asked for this. To enable this in Chronicle, you need our PDF Converter package ($150 to set up and $10/month). If you're interested, email email@example.com and say you'd like the "PDF/Signature." (It can take up to a week to schedule and complete this process.) You will receive an email explaining how to set up Secure Digital Signatures.
Job profitability dashboard NEW TILES
Chronicle now provides for you three per-designed dashboard tiles for you to try out when looking at the profitability of your jobs. To find these dashboard tiles go to> Tools, upper left of Chronicle click on the red globe > In the Tools list select “Profitability Snapshot” > If you do not see it there, use the Edit Tools button at the bottom of the screen to add it to the list. On the Profitability Snapshot screen you will see a button where you can go and view these Profitability Dashboard tiles!
- New views for customization options. We have made it much easier to view the customization options for the Scheduler.
- If you have setup Chronicle to require notes for certain actions, you can also set up a list of pre-written notes that can be inserted into the note. First, you must create these notes on the insert text screen which can be found by going to a journal/email screen and clicking on the "insert" button above the text box of the journal.
- Lengthened the job description field.
- Create a tile to compare initial bid, sold price and revenues.
- To create a Pivot Table that looks at Initial Bids, Sold Price, and Revenue:
- On the Home tab click on customize dashboard screen
- Select dashboard and then select New Tile
- Select Title Category: Financial
- Select Tile: Initial Bid & Sold Price
- Select whatever other settings you need
- Save and close
- The site name field has been lengthened.
- Added as a customization column choice in the labor manager and as a preference for the financial tab in the job manager.
Initial bid/Sold price:
- Date fields have been added on the Depts/Activities tab for the dates of the initial bid and sold price.
- Added the ability to view the financial status of terminated jobs.
- When viewing contacts by office, you can now expand/collapse all in the list and view summary totals office by office.
- The pop up for email notification will now tell you who the email is from.
- The setting to turn notification on or off for new incoming emails is now in the employees person file on the preferences tab.
- When customizing appearance you can now choose to add a column for revenue (i.e. payment - tax & credit memo).
Improved Search features:
- Reminders: It is now easier to search people to set reminders for.
- Organization tab: When searching for organizations there is now a city column.
Email search: Easier to find information in the body of an email.
- Should you have a loss of network connectivity, Chronicle will now automatically reconnect for you.
- When you wake up your computer from sleep mode Chronicle will reconnect you.
- If switch network connections, Chronicle will reconnect you.
- Dashboard now uses a default range of 'previous month' for single period tiles.
- The Group Manager has been updated so that it takes only a few seconds to load instead of minutes.
- Updated task tab in Job File to show all tasks, with or without an associated department.
- Corrected display of Job Manager activities tab to show missing information, when filtered by 'past due activities'.
- Replying to existing journals now displays the correct department.
- Stopped duplication of predefined text blocks when just editing them.
- All events added via the new scheduler now properly import the department along with labor information into the Labor Manager.
- Adding or deleting SS# from labor manager now syncs with the HR tab of an employee file.
- Added ability to add an event that spans midnight
- Fixed misc. Scheduler display issues
- Fixed new Scheduler for day light savings time.
- Resource sort issues in the new Scheduler was caused when others resorted their resource list. It would resort for everyone. This has been fixed so that others can make changes to their resource order with affecting yours.
- Corrected security level issue with opening documents via the Equipment tab.
- Now using text wrapping so the full accounting ID can be read in the main system setup > select department > activities tab > select activity > QB link tab to the right.
- If there is a job site phone number, it will now be included in the phone number section of the print workorder option.
- When printing or emailing workorders, the dates now display properly.
- Activity due time is now correctly set when editing due date.
- Multiple roles assigned to a person/org in a job file were appearing twice on contacts tab.
- Panel now shows information for an event scheduled for an office.
- Surveys no longer display department name when creating.
- Documents tab inside of an organization file is now fully visible.
- Tasks, key dates, and reminders visible in Scheduler now display appropriate InfoPanels.
Changing an organization from customer to non-customer: You can now change the category from customer to a non-customer once the jobs have been moved to a different customer.
Maps: When the show map window is resized, the maps will now also resize.
Purchase orders: The PO screen now shows who created the PO.
SQL errors: Fixed a number of SQL errors in job files, contacts, group manager, organizations and others.
ServiceMaster: You can now enter Enterprize IDs with hyphens.
Organizations: Now properly sort alphabetically.
Xactimate Import: HEAT, VENT & AIR CONDITIONING can now be imported into budget.