If you click a customer in the accounts receivable list and don’t see any information in the job panel, then Chronicle had a problem identifying the customer in QuickBooks. This generally only happens during the setup period if names are entered differently in QuickBooks and Chronicle can’t find a matching customer in QuickBooks. (It can happen later if someone changes a customer’s name in one program but not in the other.)
To correct this problem:
- Go to the Financial tab and choose to view the receivables list.
The financial tab remembers the last view that you looked at, so it’s possible that this view will already be shown when you get there.
- Click the customer in the accounts receivable list to select the customer.
- Double-click the Link ID entry at the bottom of the list.
- Chronicle asks you to identify the customer. Type up to four characters of the person’s last name and select the customer from the list.
- If the customer has more than one job, pick the appropriate job at the bottom of the screen before you click Next.
- Click Next to continue.
Once you’ve picked the customer (and job if needed), Chronicle links that customer to the receivable information and the job information is shown in the right panel just as it does for jobs that are automatically linked.
Please sign in to leave a comment.